a collection of reviews and articles:
'Her work making performance with children is well renowned and her performance art project El Tarro, which performed here in San Francisco in 2006, has become an international project where artists from various disciplines, generations and ethnic backgrounds have the opportunity to experiment and innovate' Guillermo Gomez-Pena, Writer & Artist, San Francisco, USA
- 'It's not common to meet a contemporary artist who wants to break the commonalitis of children's theatre'. Chiara Guidi, Theatre Director, Societas Raffaello Sanzio, Cesena, Italy
- 'escobar is especially potent' pauline manley, real time magazine, australia see more+
- 'a talent who plays an important role in performance art
practice pushing boundaries and making new innovative work'
tony yap, creative director, melaka festival, malaysia
- 'unique as a performance artist given how she coaxes audiences and performers to interact'
arturo arias, miguel angel asturias national award for lifetime achievement, guatemala
- 'escobar has the rare gift to amalgamate the artist and the arts administrator, which is a rare quality these days'
ricardo camacho, teatro libre artistic director, colombia
- 'a distinguished talent that is the product of her own Colombian background and her heightened sensitivity to the abuses of power'
richard murphet, australian playwright and theatre director, australia
- 'my attention was attracted by the fact that an artist could have such high ability for research and planning, as well as knowledge and experience in administration and marketing''
jose domingo garzon, national prize theatre direction 2006, colombia
- 'her investigation is brilliantly transformed by the poetic of her audiences'
lee wilson, artistic director, branch nebula, australia
- 'her engagement with the audience is captivating,'
daniel brine, artictic director performance space, sydney, australia
- 'she is an expert at articulating a vision of the oneness of humanity and then bringing it into being'
frank moore, former principal, preshil school, australia
(participant of mi amigo internacional project)
- 'an unusually fine artist'
fiona winning, independent facilitator/producer, australia
- 'not only her presence on stage is truly compelling, her dedication in the process of making the work'
simone o'brien, artistic associate, legs on the wall, sydney, australia
- 'An effective and deeply provocative evocation of a very real contemporary horror' John Bailey, The Age see more+
- 'aesthetically accomplished, engaging, and deeply moving' Richard Watts, Australia
- Read the article 'don't ask' by john bailey on children in performance in real time magazine issue 89 here
- Read the article 'can you speak?' on children in performance by claudia escobar here